Security and Privacy
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR VALUED CUSTOMER
At Cyclone Taylor Sports, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We have been in business since 1957 (64 years and counting), and have also operated our online store since 1999 (22 years and counting)! We understand that this brings a lot of responsibility with it, but that’s ok. Any personal or sensitive information that we collect will only be used to process your order*.
WHEN DO WE ASK FOR INFORMATION?
Once you fill up your shopping cart and are ready to securely checkout, we will ask you for the following information:
- Billing/shipping information: name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Delivery method: we ship most orders via either Purolator (domestic), or UPS (international). We will, however, sometimes use other couriers if shipping timeframes are faster (Canpar, Canada Post, etc)! Click here for more information on our shipping policy.
- Payment method: our website is built on the Shopify platform – there are many payment options for your convenience. You can use ‘Shop Pay’ or ‘Google Pay’, or you can use other payment options such as AMEX, Apple Pay, Diners Club, Discover, Mastercard and VISA.
If you want to inquire about using a different method of payment not mentioned above (PayPal, Interac e-Transfer, cheque, etc), please don’t hesitate to contact us.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
The personal/sensitive information you provide us when you checkout is strictly used to process your order. At Cyclone Taylor Sports, we will never sell or otherwise release your personal information to any third party. Unless you ask us to, we will not contact you for any other reason than to process your order and provide a tracking number.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION?
Whenever you place an order with us, you can trust that your personal/sensitive information will be protected. It is important to note the following:
- Our online store, powered by Shopify, is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant by default – your personal and payment info are safe.
- Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant.
- All transactions are secure and encrypted.
- Shopify’s compliance covers all six PCI standard categories, including the following:
- Maintain a secure network.
- Protect cardholder data.
- Maintain a vulnerability management program.
- Implement strong access control measures.
- Regularly monitor and test networks.
- Maintain an information security policy.
We also use “cookies," which are essentially small bits of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. Although our cookies don’t store any of your private information, they do allow us to keep items in your shopping cart between visits or during the same visit. Whether you want your web browser to accept cookies or not is up to you. For more information on enabling and disabling cookies, please click on your default web browser below:
If you have any questions or concerns about our accepted payment options or website security, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
*If you have signed up for our online newsletters, your email address will be occasionally used so that we can communicate news, exclusive promos, and contests with you.
**In rare circumstances, we may also be required to ask for your social security or tax ID number on items such as clothing, jerseys, or large value purchases. This information is required on some items by U.S. Customs.